Saturday, January 20, 2007

Fatal Contact (2006)

Fatal Contact (2006)
Starring: Wu Jing, Ronald Cheng, Miki Yeung

Description: Wu Jing, probably the next best martial artist in the Hong Kong industry if his stardom continues. He may not be the next Jackie Chan or Jet Li, but his martial arts have been displayed in SPL which had an amazing fight scene with Donnie Yen. This film is Wu Jing's first major starring role and he could be the next action star Hong Kong have been waiting for. The story is about Wu Jing who decided to take on the illegal underground boxing world. His dream of fighting and actually make some money out of it made him undefeatable in the underground boxing world. His life was almost set until his so called girlfriend had betrayed him.

My Review: I thought the action sequences by Wu Jing was amazing especially when I haven't seen much action movies lately in the Hong Kong industry. Before I actually watch this movie, I noticed Ronald Cheng was in this film known for pathetic wacky roles in Himalya Singh, Dragon Reloaded, etc. I didn't have much high expectations when watching this flm, but it turns out this movie is pretty decent. There's actually a plot to it and the acting my Ronald Cheng is somewhat serious compared to his other roles. The action sequence about this film is worth the watch. I hope there are more of these action films coming out in Hong Kong, I just feel that the industry has been suffering for so long.

Overall: 8 out of 10, the action sequence by Wu Jing is worth the watch.

No comments: